2. BUDDY TEAM PLEDGE
I understand that my child is signing up for a Fulton County Schools sponsored club that developed the Young Apprentice Experience online training course as described herein. I also understand that this program uses a parent/student “BUDDY TEAM” model which requires my dedicated participation. I, therefore, promise to be present to observe each lesson and watch the lesson videos in their entirety in order to participate in full support of my child.
In this role, I hereby promise to inspect all of my child’s homework and quizzes, the first of which is to be completed at the end of the 'Welcome' video. I further promise to tutor her/him whenever necessary, so that she/he might learn the intended material presented in the various short-term videos which make up much of the Young Apprentice Experience course curriculum.
Quizzes and Homework:
- Lessons 1-13 have quizzes, each of which must be completed in order to advance to the next lesson.
- Tool and Material Identification Lab: introducing students to the tools and materials that are involved in making the ‘PERFECT TOOLBOX’ project possible.
- One Inch Dragon Lab: a practical exercise helping students visualize fractions when reading a tape measure.
- Tape Measure Lab-2: giving students 10 opportunities to challenge their new skill.
- Speed Square Lab: a practical exercise combining the Tape Measure and Speed Square.
- PERFECT TOOLBOX-1: teaching students and BUDDIES how to properly use a Bench Hook when building their PERFECT TOOLBOX.
- Last lesson (Job well done) - No homework.
I promise to watch all videos with my child before my child attempts any construction of their ‘PERFECT TOOLBOX’. Also, I promise to watch all of the videos in order and follow the instructions outlined in each until the ‘PERFECT TOOLBOX’ project is completed.
As my child’s BUDDY, I will never permit my child to work on this project without my full presence, full attention, and full assistance. However, I understand that I am not to use any of the tools. Those are for the exclusive use of my child, so that she/he is the only one to build the ‘PERFECT TOOLBOX’.
from completed lessons may be rewatched by returning to the lesson of interest. However, once all quizzes are taken and successfully passed such that the course becomes completed, there is no opportunity to revisit any video content.